shibboleth-dev - RE: 64bit ODBC Storage Service

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: 64bit ODBC Storage Service

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: 64bit ODBC Storage Service
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 17:18:19 -0400

I think the problem we have here is that 64-bitness is a bit of a work in
progress for ODBC, and this is complicated by the fact that some Unix
developers seem to be unaware (or were in the past) that Microsoft uses
LLP64, not LP64.

There's code in the sqltypes.h header that defines the various portable
types, but it does different things based on a macro called
BUILD_REAL_64_BIT_MODE. Even when it knows the sizeof(long) is 8, it still
looks at that macro to decide what to do.

So I think that's causing the problem. It *may* be that it will work as is
if we build the module with BUILD_REAL_64_BIT_MODE defined. Or not. Just a
possible suggestion that I'll try when I have a chance.