shibboleth-dev - RE: 64bit ODBC Storage Service

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: 64bit ODBC Storage Service

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: 64bit ODBC Storage Service
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 10:41:30 -0400

> After some ODBC playing I've managed to get it working with the attached
> patch.

This seems odd given that the ODBC types are supposed to be platform
independent, and I switched from tinyint to a full int in the sample schema
and my code.

> Note that since in Oracle there's no "tinyint" datatype, I've created
> the version table with datatype "smallint" for both columns.. so maybe
> this patch won't work on db other than Oracle. Anyway I will test it
> against My/PostgreSQL (maybe trying to change the table structure) and
> let you know.

Please do. I thought int would work as well as anything else, but if
smallint works better, I guess that's fine. Seems like I'd have to make some
other adjustments though.