shibboleth-dev - RE: Memcache StorageService WAS:ODBC Storage Service

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Memcache StorageService WAS:ODBC Storage Service

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: Memcache StorageService WAS:ODBC Storage Service
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 10:46:29 -0400

> Can these contexts be separated, like the MessageFlow and SAMLArtifacts
> are, so that I can use different types of storage as well?

If the session cache configuration is extended a little, yes. It's not a big
change, trivial actually. But I can't do it in the core until 2.1 is out.

You could package a new cache plugin that adds that feature easily enough as
an extension (which you need for the memcached thing anyway).

Extensions can also override existing factories and supersede built-in
plugins if they want to, as long as they're compatible. Subclasses, in a
sense.