shibboleth-dev - Re: brackets in rdbms connector string values

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: brackets in rdbms connector string values

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: brackets in rdbms connector string values
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 16:26:33 +0100

Ah, right, of course. All the attribute values are List<Object> so when you do

${foo} this is translated in to ((List<Object)foo).toString() which of course gives you [value, value, value]

try ${principalName.get(0)}

Yes, I realize that's a pain in the butt. So, a question would be, is it less bad to have some values by List<Object> and other be Object. My concern here is that if for some reason an attribute had more than one value and you expected it to have one value, you could get some really odd behavior. So, maybe it's best to have a consistent approach. I don't know.

Jim Fox wrote:

Same thing. The ${...} was what I used first.

Jim

Try using ${name} and see what that does.

Jim Fox wrote:

The RelationalDatabase data connector allows me to use
attributes in a query statement, e.g.

select tid('$principalName');

However, the attribute's value is enclosed in "[]" when
it is inserted into the query string. If principalName
is "fox" the strign above becomes

select tid('[fox]');

which is hardly what I want.

Jim