shibboleth-dev - SP 1.3.1 rc1 now available

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

SP 1.3.1 rc1 now available

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: SP 1.3.1 rc1 now available
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 12:32:00 -0400

I've published a RC of the 1.3.1 refresh/bugfix release of the SP at
http://shibboleth.internet2.edu/downloads/1.3.1-rc1/

That includes the sources for the packages still distributed by Internet2, a
win32 installer, and a set of all the SRPMS. The Win32 version should work
with the SSL-enabled Apache 2.0/2.2 packages distributed by the ASF.

(I will do binaries as before, but not until the final release.)

A short changelog is at http://tinyurl.com/ytvrtk

Many of the smaller improvements in 2.0 are backported to this release and
from a federation ops point of view the intent is for the metadata and trust
feature set to be identical. The purpose behind the 1.3.1 release is to
enable a "quick" upgrade for most sites to the latest libraries and fixes so
that the 2.0 transition will be more orderly.

This release will hopefully resolve all of the various build problems people
have had on newer distributions and is the first "official" support for
x86-64 Linux.

I've created a 1.3.1rc1 in jira so please report any bugs there.

I'll be turning to 2.0 again and should have a second and final beta out in
the not too distant future. Final release of 2.0 is mainly contingent on
memory and stress testing at this point.

  • SP 1.3.1 rc1 now available, Scott Cantor, 11/02/2007