shibboleth-dev - Re: [Fwd: redistributing shib software]

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Fwd: redistributing shib software]

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Fwd: redistributing shib software]
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 11:32:42 -0400

At 10:40 AM -0400 9/27/07, Chad La Joie wrote:
Shib is released under the Apache 2 license which does allow you to
redistribute the code. The only issue of course is just making sure you
keep up to date with releases (which occur pretty infrequently). But
yeah, it's fine if you wanna do it.

If duke decides to go ahead and implement your idea....

the Shib project would ask -- in VERY STRONG LANGUAGE -- that you explicitly assign someone the responsibility for updating the Shib RPMs on your site when we put out a new release. As Chad noted, they don't occur very often. However, after we freeze a release, there's likely to be a minor update with bug fixes a few months later. Other releases after that will be security fixes. Which are very important.

If you're going to maintain a replica... it has to be maintained. Especially if there are security fixes......