shibboleth-dev - Re: [Fwd: redistributing shib software]

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Fwd: redistributing shib software]

  • From: Celeste Copeland <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Fwd: redistributing shib software]
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 10:56:35 -0400

Great, thanks!

- CC

Chad La Joie wrote:
Shib is released under the Apache 2 license which does allow you to
redistribute the code. The only issue of course is just making sure you
keep up to date with releases (which occur pretty infrequently). But
yeah, it's fine if you wanna do it.

Celeste Copeland wrote:
Hi, all.

I wasn't sure if this would be best for the shibboleth-dev list or the
shibboleth-users list, so my apologies if I guessed wrong. Could anyone
here advise us on whether we can make shibboleth rpms available through
our
Linux@Duke
site? I believe that the concern is that others who use
these rpms may be using shib for commercial purposes.

Thanks,
Celeste

Subject:
redistributing shib software
From:
Kambiz Aghaiepour
<>
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2007 10:13:02 -0400
To:
Celeste Copeland
<>

To:
Celeste Copeland
<>

Celeste,

There's some question as to whether or not we can redistribute iternet2
software as per:

*Copyright*

Everything contained within this site is copyrighted. The copyrights are
owned by Internet2 or the original creator of the material. However, you
are free to view, copy, print and distribute Internet2 material from
this site, as long as:

1. The material is for information only,
2. The material is used for non-commercial purposes only,
3. Use includes proper attribution and copyright notice of the
materialĀ“s creator

found here: http://www.internet2.edu/termsofuse.html

We need clarification as to whether or not we can make the rpms we
generate available outside of Duke.
Please advise.
Kambiz

--