shibboleth-dev - Re: Shib 2.0 ShibRequireSession off?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Shib 2.0 ShibRequireSession off?

  • From: SCOTT CANTOR <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Shib 2.0 ShibRequireSession off?
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 17:07:35 -0400

> I believe it should be showing me the contents of /foo - yes?

No, require valid-user has always meant "has session". You're thinking of
require shibboleth (which means "Apache is broken, but make it work by
sticking in a dummy require rule").

A proposal was made to optionally make static access control work by only
enforcing it if a session is found, rather than no matter what, but I haven't
yet implemented that (or decided whether I will).

For security reasons, the default behavior will remain as is, though. Lazy
sessions were not designed to work with static enforcement.