shibboleth-dev - PHP Shibboleth 1.3 SP

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

PHP Shibboleth 1.3 SP

  • From: Andreas Åkre Solberg <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: PHP Shibboleth 1.3 SP
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 17:10:26 +0200

I've written a shibboleth 1.3 SP in PHP. Today I released the first public version, considered more or less alpha.

This SP is not part of the shibboleth software, but "talk the same language", so you can use it together with a Shibboleth 1.3 IdP. It should be really simple to setup. You can even install it in your home directory on the server. No need for shibd, no packages needs to be installed.

It requires php version 5. I have not implemented SAML 2.0 metadata yet, so you should put the endpoint urls in a simple config format. It does not use attribute profile, so configure the IdP to push attributes.

If anyone would like to test it, I would be happy, and if it the software is useful to anyone I would be even more happy. The software is off course free of charge.

Can be downloaded here:

Any feedback is welcome.

--
Andreas Åkre Solberg

Feide Research and Development

Contact Info and PGP Public Key:

  • PHP Shibboleth 1.3 SP, Andreas Åkre Solberg, 08/30/2007