shibboleth-dev - Re: Available opportunity to contribute to Shib

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Available opportunity to contribute to Shib

  • From: Bradley Beddoes <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Available opportunity to contribute to Shib
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 11:27:59 +1000

Hi Chad,
Would like to help out but haven't got enough hours in the day on my current projects as it is.

Just wanted to point out though that we've had a lot of success with Apache Ivy. You may have reasons for going with Maven of course but in case you weren't aware of Ivy you might like to check out http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/

Its got a low barrier to entry, just uses Ant and has some nice features like local publishing which we find good as developers when wanting to test some new code without effecting the repository.

regards,
Bradley

Chad La Joie wrote:
Let me start this by saying this is post-2.0 release.

I'd like to find someone with Maven 2 skills that would be interested in
working, mostly with me, to create a Maven 2 based build system for the
OpenSAML 2.0 and Shibboleth 2.0 Java components. I've got a good
understanding of how the libraries fit together and what the build
system needs to do but I do not have the Maven 2 skills.

So, if anyone is interested in contributing to this effort I'd certainly
be interested in hearing from you. If you are interested, just send me
an off-list note before Sept 14th, and we can discuss this.

--
Chad La Joie 2052-C Harris Bldg
OIS-Middleware 202.687.0124