shibboleth-dev - Credentials in Shibboleth 2.0

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Credentials in Shibboleth 2.0

  • From: Olav Morken <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Credentials in Shibboleth 2.0
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 16:30:24 +0200

Hi,

I am currently testing the Shibboleth 2.0 IdP alpha release. I have got
login working from a Shibboleth 2.0 SP with the SAML2 HTTP-POST binding.
However, I have been unable to make the IdP sign the
samlp:Response-element.

If I have understood the schemas correctly, then I am supposed to add a
Credential-element as the last element in the RelayingPartyGroup-element
in the 'relying-party.xml'-file. I have not been able to figure out the
syntax of this element.

I have tried the following:

<Credential>
<X509Inline id="testkey" xmlns="urn:mace:shibboleth:2.0:credential">
<KeyName>testkey</KeyName>
<PrivateKey>
<!-- base64-encoded private key -->
</PrivateKey>
<Certificate>
<!-- base64-encoded certificate -->
</Certificate>
</X509Inline>
</Credential>

This gives an exception while parsing the configuration files which is
caused by:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-type.2: The type definition cannot
be abstract for element Credential.

I have also tried to specify the X509Inline-element without enclosing it
in a Credential-element. This gives an exception which is caused by:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content
was found starting with element 'X509Inline'. One of
{"urn:mace:shibboleth:2.0:relying-party":Credential}' is expected.

I am wondering if this functionality is implemented yet, and what syntax
I am supposed to use.

Thanks,

Olav Morken
UNINETT