shibboleth-dev - RE: Shib 2 - SP Question

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Shib 2 - SP Question

  • From: <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: Shib 2 - SP Question
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 11:32:58 -0400

Thanks for the help (the testing tools were a big help). I have SSO
working now, but I can't seem to figure out the attribute filtering in
Shib 2. I have an attribute statement and authn statement in the SSO
SAML response. The logged SAML response looks good, and login occurs,
but the attribute my IDP sent is not exported into my environment. I
see this in the log, which I am interpretting to mean the attribute
filter is getting rid of the attribute that I sent:

2007-07-30 10:56:08 DEBUG Shibboleth.SP.AttributeFilter [2]: filtering 1
attribute(s) from (myidp)

I looked at the two configuration files, attribute-map.xml and
attribute-policy.xml, but I did not find them completely self
explanatory. I tried adding some specific rules for the attribute, I am
sending, but I have had no luck in changing the behavior. Is there any
documentation for these two files or known issues regarding attribute
exporting?

Thanks,
Jeff