shibboleth-dev - RE: Lazy Sessions with Shibbolized Confluence

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Lazy Sessions with Shibbolized Confluence

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: Lazy Sessions with Shibbolized Confluence
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 13:38:39 -0400

> Currently we are running version 2.5.2 of Confluence and have integrated
> it successfully with Shibboleth. If a user is required to authenticate
> before viewing confluence, everything seems to be fine.

You don't need to (and I suspect you shouldn't) make Shibboleth part of that
question, my point being that you should let Confluence decide when people
need to login, and when they do, just make sure it sends the user to the
/Login location rather than doing anything with Shibboleth content
protection.

> However if we
> set it up so that we would want to use lazy sessions, issues arise.

I don't know how else you could set it up.

> Once a user hits our confluence site and tries to login a session
> creation error occurs.

That isn't a message, it's a catch all. We can't tell from that what went
wrong, you'll have to use logs or change the error template.

> <Path name="confluence" authType="shibboleth" requireSession="false"/>

Unnecessary.

> httpd.conf
>
> <Location /confluence>
> AuthType shibboleth