shibboleth-dev - Location of SP Session Cache

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Location of SP Session Cache

  • From: André Cruz <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Location of SP Session Cache
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 19:26:31 +0100

Hello.

I'm perusing the svn repositories but I'm a little lost as to where is the SP cache API that I would have to implement in order to use a memcache backed store.

Regarding 1.3 there is the ISessionCache present in shib-target.h which is implemented by shib-ccache.cpp (memory based cache) and shib- mysql-ccache.cpp (mysql based cache).

Regarding 2.0 (trunk of repositories) I see a shibsp/SessionCache.h (which is the Storage API?) and it is implemented by shibsp/impl/ StorageServiceSessionCache.cpp (memory based cache?) and odbc_ccache/ odbc-ccache.cpp (odbc based cache?).

Am I right? Also, what is the RemotedSessionCache?

In a previous thread the cpp-xmltooling repo was mentioned and I found a caching API there but I don't know the relation between this cache and the SP session cache. (xmltooling/util/StorageService.h)

Thanks,
André