shibboleth-dev - Re: Shibboleth doubts

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Shibboleth doubts

  • From: André Cruz <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Shibboleth doubts
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 15:07:38 +0100

On Apr 14, 2007, at 7:27 PM, Scott Cantor wrote:

What this means is that sticky
sessions would not be very efficient.

For 5 minutes? I can't imagine a short factor to get the user through POST
and one redirect would be a big deal.

You're assuming that one of the first actions a user does is log in to the application. Our applications have public pages that can be used without auth so there could be a case where a user logs in after the X min period.

That would only work if the sticky session period started when the login request initiated... Probably the balancer would have to know which pages triggered the Shibboleth flow and start the sticky sessions then..

A plugin could be developed for Perlbal but it's not trivial...

If you're interested in helping with the ODBC cache, I'd be happy to point
you at it. It's basically waiting for a final rewrite against the storage
API. Jim did a first cut, and it just needs some tweaks.

I don't have much time on my hands right now, sorry. But where is it anyway? Maybe someone else fmor the list can pick it up..

André