shibboleth-dev - Re: Multiple federation support by sp

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Multiple federation support by sp

  • From: "Tom Scavo" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Multiple federation support by sp
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 15:16:14 -0500

On 11/21/06, Scott Cantor
> It would be useful if Common Domain Cookie reading and writing
> services were implemented as servlet filters that could be deployed
> separately.

You've said this several times without ever explaining it, and I'll be quite
honest, I still have no idea what you mean by it.

I posted this link previously:

https://authdev.it.ohio-state.edu/twiki/bin/view/GridShib/MyVocsIdPDiscovery

At that time, you said you grasped it. ;-)

The main problem with this line of logic, filters aside, is that a CDC
implementation requires that discovery is entirely hosted at the SP. In
other words, to do anything with it, you need an entire UI for that built
into the SP.

Or an IdP proxy, which includes SP functionality.

Tom