shibboleth-dev - Multiple federation support by sp

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Multiple federation support by sp

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Multiple federation support by sp
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:43:08 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

Our company is a service provider.
I am a developer who is facing a task of providing our users from multiple
federations with shibboleth authentication. Tried to read as much as I could,
but still have a few questions.

It looks like we have to implement our own WAYF service. Is it correct?

I am planning to download federations metadata on a regular basis.
Does once per day sound ok?
Do federations use common schema when publishing metadata? Where can I find
xsd?

I am planning to use cookie to keep a user state (federation, IdP location).
Are there any restrictions? good practices? what is suggested expiration time?

Thanks a lot

Svetlana Freytsis
EBSCO Publishing