shibboleth-dev - Re: Sub: Help for thesis

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Sub: Help for thesis

  • From: Von Welch <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Sub: Help for thesis
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 16:46:43 -0600

Hello Venkata,

There are a number of approaches developed to do what you suggest (look at GridShib, SHEBANGS, and SWITCH work for starters). The tricky bits are the translation of Shibboleth authentication into Grid credentials, for which you need a trusted intermediary of some sort and then mechanisms to push or query for attributes.

Your problem is currently rather vague. My suggestion would be to research what's being done more deeply and pick a particular problem that interests you.

Von