shibboleth-dev - Sub: Help for thesis

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Sub: Help for thesis

  • From: "Venkata Krishna Ravula" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Sub: Help for thesis
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 09:29:22 -0600

Dear Sir/Madam,

                          I am Venkata Krishna Ravula. I plan to work upon shibboleth for my thesis option in the graduate school. My proposal is as follows:

1. A web-portal for user
2. Shibboleth + Globus Tool Kit. ( at the back end )

I wish to be able to make the users authenticate and authorize through Shibboleth and then use the Globus Toolkit for other services. This way a user would be able to work upon the systems as a local user and hence be able use the resoures from both the Windows grid and the Mac grid in my department.

My Question:

1. Is this feasible ?

2. Would it require me to develop new components ?

3. Estimated time for the project.

Reason: I prefer to have your suggestions before I proceed to work upon it because it definetly would not be feasible for me to sit upon the Master's thesis for more than a year or 8 months.

I did go through the Grid-Shib project and understood a few things but for better clarity I beleive the developers would be the right people to approach and hence this email.

Thank You.

Regards

Venkata Krishna Ravula