shibboleth-dev - AuthNContext Support and Shibboleth 2 SSO

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

AuthNContext Support and Shibboleth 2 SSO

  • From: Lukas Haemmerle <>
  • To:
  • Subject: AuthNContext Support and Shibboleth 2 SSO
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:51:05 +0200

On
https://authdev.it.ohio-state.edu/twiki/bin/view/Shibboleth/ShibTwoRoadmap
is written that Shibboleth 2.0 will include "some basic AuthnContext
support". What parts of AuthNContext will be supported exactly and to
what extent? For example, will it be possible to define own AuthN
contexts and maybe even classes?

Concerning the AuthN Request described on
https://authdev.it.ohio-state.edu/twiki/bin/view/Shibboleth/AuthnRequest
How will that work exactly when an SP accepts/requires a large list of
authN contexts and each of them is identified by a pretty long URN?
Won't that be a problem when stuffing this in another GET argument?

Related to AuthNContext: What SSO system is Shibboleth 2.0 going to use?
Something completely new or a modified version of CAS as rumor has it ;)

Cheers
Lukas

PS: Btw. @Scott or whoever maintains the Shib Wiki. SWITCH staff cannot
login to the Shib Wiki anymore for quite some time because our
certificate changed. So far, I've already sent an email (10.7 and 19.7)
to Scott and

, unfortunately to
no avail, which is why I try it this way. It would be great if this
would work again.

--
------- SWITCH - The Swiss Education & Research Network ------
Lukas Haemmerle Security http://www.switch.ch/

Tel: +41 44 268 15 64 Fax: +41 44 253 98 98