shibboleth-dev - Re: IdP extension build process

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: IdP extension build process

  • From: "Tom Scavo" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: IdP extension build process
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 17:00:38 -0400

On 6/30/06, Tom Scavo

First, I'd like
to do macro expansion of arbitrary tokens on files in arbitrary
extension subdirectories. In particular, I'd like to expand on the
html documentation in doc, expanding $IDP_HOME$, $TOMCAT_HOME$,
$EXTENSION_NAME$, and a few other extension-specific tokens. This
leads to personalized documentation.

The second need is for the dynamic creation of properties files on the
classpath at install time. We currently have a number of properties
files with properties whose values depend on the values of other
properties in user-configurable properties files. Right now these
dependent properties files are generated at distribution time, which
of course leads to bugs if a user modifies a configuration property at
install time.

Oh, and there's a third thing I'd like to do. I'd like to create the
following scripts in bin:

setup:
export IDP_HOME=$IDP_HOME$
export CATALINA_HOME=$TOMCAT_HOME$
export EXT_NAME=$EXTENSION_NAME$

setup.bat:
set IDP_HOME=$IDP_HOME$
set CATALINA_HOME=$TOMCAT_HOME$
set EXT_NAME=$EXTENSION_NAME$

This will make it easier to use the command-line tools.

Tom