shibboleth-dev - Re: IdP extension build process

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: IdP extension build process

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: IdP extension build process
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 15:57:35 -0400

Tom Scavo wrote:
Suppose I had a script custom-build.xml in an extension subdirectory.
Are there hooks in the IdP extension build process to execute this
supplemental script at install time?

Nope

I think the answer to the above question is no, but I wanted to ask to
make sure. In that case, is it reasonable to ask for such an
enhancement?

I've considered adding it. It could be useful in some cases but the chance to screw stuff up is huge so I'm trying to think of ways to decrease that before adding such functionality. I suspect no such solution exists and that such a function will not materialize in the build process.