shibboleth-dev - RE: getting the REMOTE_USER header

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: getting the REMOTE_USER header

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: getting the REMOTE_USER header
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 00:24:18 -0400

> Okay, I can fix this in my sandbox, but what happens when I distribute
> the code? What versions of Shibboleth/OpenSAML/Xerces are required to
> run this code?

The IdP doesn't trigger the bug, or I guess somebody would have noticed. If
you're hitting the bug, I guess you need Xerces 2.8. If this is a Shibboleth
extension, it's not any more elegant to try and get people to upgrade the
opensaml.jar even if there was one to use. At least the XML parser has to be
endorsed outside Shibboleth anyway.

If you call toDOM using the right document objects and avoid a call to
adoptNode internally by switching documents, I don't think you'll hit the
bug anyway. Usually it's caused by using toString prematurely to log
something and then forcing the object into some other document.