shibboleth-dev - Re: shib sp solution for tru64

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: shib sp solution for tru64

  • From: Velpi <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: shib sp solution for tru64
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 09:24:57 +0100

There isn't any hard data about the viability. It's technically possible,
but Apache and shibd are very chatty, Apache ends up making two calls to
shibd to fetch the session entry for every request, instead of just one.
I saved a few data streams of the RPC here: http://shib.kuleuven.be/dataflow/RPCstream.txt

I actually captured it in a test-setup where the Shibboleth daemon was running on a different machine than the Apache (with mod_shib).
(I didn't find a good solution easily to capture packets on the local machine when using the Windows OS, but because I had two machines this was the easiest solution [yes, I am serious, it's easy quite to set up])
[the capture is unlikely to contain errors, but my description might]

Good luck with it!

--Velpi