shibboleth-dev - shib sp solution for tru64

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

shib sp solution for tru64

  • From: David Alexander <>
  • To:
  • Subject: shib sp solution for tru64
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 16:32:10 -0500

We have a lot of applications, mostly CGIs, running on the Tru64 platform. We tried unsuccessfully to port the Shib SP software to Tru64. We ran into some problems with the operating system's RPC library. We also tried the Java SP, but the beta version did not make the attributes available to CGIs running behind Tomcat.

We recently came up with a potential solution, and we wanted to get some feedback as to whether or not it will be feasible. The idea is to configure our Tru64 SP to use a remote shibd running on a linux host. mod_shib on the Tru64 host would be connected to the remote shibd using stunnel.

Does this sound like it could work? Are there other potential solutions?

Thanks,
Dave