shibboleth-dev - RE: mod_shib HTTP-header decode

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: mod_shib HTTP-header decode

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: mod_shib HTTP-header decode
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 10:20:02 -0500

> I would like to implement a feature in Shibboleth SP's Apache
> module, mod_shib, which will decode a custom HTTP_SHIB
> variable. So every time the module catch a HTTP_SHIB
> variable, it execute something like this:
> HTTP_SHIB_CUSTOMATTRIB=decode(value(HTTP_SHIB_CUSTOMATTRIB))

You would have to do that in a new Apache module itself, not by extending
Shibboleth.

Unless you're talking about processing the XML itself and modifying the
serialization, in which case you have to supply a C++ AttributeFactory
plugin to handle the attribute at runtime, of which the TargetedID plugin
that handles the newer name and syntax of the eduPersonTargetedID attribute
is an example.

I can provide pointers to the relevant code and APIs, but I won't bother
until somebody actually wants them. I do know those particular APIs won't be
stable into 2.0.