shibboleth-dev - SHIB design call -- (1/9/2006) , 3:00 pm est, noon pst

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

SHIB design call -- (1/9/2006) , 3:00 pm est, noon pst

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: SHIB design call -- (1/9/2006) , 3:00 pm est, noon pst
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 13:55:08 -0500

1-866-411-0013 (toll free US/Canada only)
or 1 -800-392-6130 (alternate toll free US/Canada only)

for callers outside the USA/Canada dial 1-734-615-7474 (not free)

Pin # : 0142203 (NOTE -- this is the usual PIN)

just a short call. Jim Fox is apparently in transit, and will miss the call.

Agenda:

1) Startup
- Roll call, agenda bash
- Intellectual Property Rights Awareness: Internet2
Intellectual Property Framework
(http://members.internet2.edu/intellectualproperty.html)

2) recent issues.

3) ADFS interop, increasing interest...

4) OpenSAML 2..0 status report

5) discussion -- strawman shib web site

http://shibboleth.internet2.edu/mockups/index1219.html

There's a new top level page, and a new set of second level pages. I've tried to align the set of 2nd level pages with "common use" as seen on other open source sites. Sometimes, unfortunately, the 2nd level pages contain just some phrases indicating what should be included. I've also changed the left-hand nav bar some. I've also tried to simplify some of the pages (eg the old downloads page had download info, doc info, IQ info, etc; the new one just has downloads info).

Comments, please, on the new organization and content (where there is
content).

There are still many questions outstanding:

1) 2nd level navigation via nav bar -- do we want to use popups (triggered by mouseover), or clicking to open an indented outline structures? (I hope we won't have more than 2 levels....) Or abandon the nav bar for tabs?

2) 2nd level pages -- add gryphon to header, beside i2 logo; use as link to shib home page?

3) where to put a link to the contacts page

4) somewhere, should we describe status of java sp?

5) add nmi-edit, nsf logos to front page?

6) on the about Shib page -- should we put links to other docs in the nav bar or in the body?

7) should info about licenses (code, licenses, logo) be available somewhere?

8) make it easy to signup for shib-announce? something on the front page?

9) how to mention federations? how to interoperate

10) have we addressed this issue:

- some text, targeted at CIOs and tech directors, providing a general intro to shib (what it is, value it provides, what makes it unique, what's required to use it, when do we mentioned Federations?)

11) links -- should they be a different color, underline the links?