shibboleth-dev - RE: NameIdentifier TTL

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: NameIdentifier TTL

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: NameIdentifier TTL
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 12:00:15 -0500

> There is a ServiceProvider argument in the API, but unless I've missed
> something, it's not used in any existing implementation of
> NameIdentifierMapping.

No, but it's presence means any plugin could do that, as in fact the handle
plugins should. The semantics of that format pretty much preclude anybody
making any assumptions about it working across SPs. We could fix that in the
next version and anybody that broke was playing with fire. That's all I
meant.