shibboleth-dev - Re: Attribute Authority

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Attribute Authority

  • From: Tom Scavo <>
  • To: Scott Cantor <>
  • Cc: Shibboleth Development <>
  • Subject: Re: Attribute Authority
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 09:38:06 -0400

On 9/28/05, Scott Cantor
> > The glossary deprecates the term "Attribute Authority". If that's
> > true, what is the accepted terminology for this Shibboleth component?
>
> I'm not sure what glossary you mean...I guess the wiki topic?

I was referring to this document:

http://shibboleth.internet2.edu/guides/shib-glossary.html

If it were a wiki topic, I would have changed it already. ;-)

> Reading over
> it, I would have to say that the glossary is pertaining to the Shibboleth
> System (the software), and not the Shibboleth Specification.

Hmm, maybe you're looking at something else, but the one I'm reading
defines Shibboleth terms in general, not with respect to a particular
implementation. This is as it should be, I think.

I think "Attribute Authority" should be in the Shibboleth Glossary in
all its glory (or the reader should be referred to a dependent
glossary). In fact, all the Shib components should be defined in the
glossary. Then we can remove the redundant definitions in the
protocol spec and the tech overview.

I may have asked this before, but shouldn't the glossary be in the wiki?

Tom