shibboleth-dev - Re: comments: draft-mace-shibboleth-arch-protocols-10

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: comments: draft-mace-shibboleth-arch-protocols-10

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Shibboleth Development <>
  • Subject: Re: comments: draft-mace-shibboleth-arch-protocols-10
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 13:46:58 -0400

Tom Scavo wrote:
HP is a licensee of the Trustgenix toolkit, is it not?

Yes.

What about CA? Recent announcements indicate SiteMinder support for
SAML 2.0, but does this include metadata support, do you know?

For 2.0, I imagine it might, but that doesn't help me if I need the SAML 1.x profile.

Do you think metadata support in OpenSAML will improve the situation?

No, not really, I think the profile came too late for most vendors to bother with it, they're focused on their 2.0 work.