shibboleth-dev - RE: NO FORMAL SHIB design call -- (8/8/2005)

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: NO FORMAL SHIB design call -- (8/8/2005)

  • From: "Wilcox, Mark" <>
  • To: <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: NO FORMAL SHIB design call -- (8/8/2005)
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 14:57:56 -0400

Title: RE: NO FORMAL SHIB design call -- (8/8/2005)
Yeah, the xerces have to be in common/endorsed because they are essentially replacing libraries that by default come with Java (but are in the javax.* package namespace as opposed to java.* namespace, the latter cannot be replaced). The notion of "endorsed" libraries is something created by Sun to allow for this.

So in short - either put the JARs in common/endorsed, in jre/lib/endorsed (the univeral endorsed libray for a JVM) or upgrade to JDK 1.5 (which I believe has the libraries by default).

Mark W.