shibboleth-dev - Announcement -- Shibboleth v1.3 Now Available

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Announcement -- Shibboleth v1.3 Now Available

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Announcement -- Shibboleth v1.3 Now Available
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 13:41:16 -0400

[We're sorry if you receive duplicates of this message. We've sent it to multiple lists, in order to ensure that the entire Shibboleth community receives this announcement.]

The Internet2 Shibboleth team is pleased to announce the availability of release 1.3 of the Shibboleth System. This new release contains many improvements and enhancements. A partial list is available by going to the Shibboleth Wiki site ( https://authdev.it.ohio-state.edu/twiki/bin/view/Shibboleth/ShibOnedotThree ). The new release is available from the Shibboleth web site http://shibboleth.internet2.edu .Shibboleth is now offered under the industry-standard Apache 2.0 license.

This new version will fully interoperate with the previous 1.2 version. (Version 1.3 can interoperate with 1.1 deployments but some care must be taken; see the Wiki https://authdev.it.ohio-state.edu/twiki/bin/view/Shibboleth/InteropWithOnedotOne for details.) However, the new version does contain a number of important bug fixes and performance improvements, as well as significant new functionality. We would strongly recommend that sites running older versions upgrade to 1.3 as soon as their schedule allows.

Shibboleth is an Open Source project, and we don't guarantee support. However, if you encounter problems, first look on the Shibboleth Wiki ( https://authdev.it.ohio-state.edu/twiki/bin/view/Shibboleth/WebHome ) for an answer to your question. If you don't find an answer, join the Shibboleth-Users AT Internet2 DOT edu mailing list http://shibboleth.internet2.edu/shib-misc.html#mailinglist ), and post a description of your problem; its very likely someone will answer.

If you discover a bug, please post it to our Bugzilla based repository ( http://bugzilla.internet2.edu/shibboleth/). Bugs can be posted against a 1.3 product version.

Lastly, a BIG thank you to the people who helped us test this version, and improve the quality of the overall package, the install process, and the documentation.

  • Announcement -- Shibboleth v1.3 Now Available, Steven_Carmody, 07/26/2005