shibboleth-dev - Re: SHIB design call -- (6/6/2005), 3:00 pm est, noon pst

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: SHIB design call -- (6/6/2005), 3:00 pm est, noon pst

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: SHIB design call -- (6/6/2005), 3:00 pm est, noon pst
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 05:51:47 -0400

Scott Cantor wrote:
I'm back in town/online, as is probably obvious.

2) status updates, v1.3 --
- any serious issues arising from testing of the beta?

So far, most bugs not coming from me are coming from SWITCH and are Debian
issues related to it still using OpenSSL 0.9.6. Debian 3.0 is *ancient* by
RedHat standards, they seem to update core components way conservatively,
which is just as bad as over doing it, IMHO, but anyway. 3.1 is coming soon
and probably will support things better, but I told them I'd look into it. I
will not support 0.9.6 if it doesn't do what I need, I can't say much else
yet.

Debian 3.0 is breaking on VMWare so far. I'm trying to get access to a box
provided by SWITCH to test with in the meantime.

Brent is also looking at a 64 bit build, so I have some work to do there,
but no box to test that on either.

I can provide you access to one of our boxes to test on. As Brent mentioned, they are CentOS 4.0 (which is just a recompile of Red Hat Enterprise 4.0 minus RH support). Just don't wake any wars against our systems from the box. ;)

--
Chad La Joie 315Q St. Mary's Hall
Project Sentinel 202.687.0124