shibboleth-dev - SHIB design call -- (6/6/2005), 3:00 pm est, noon pst

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

SHIB design call -- (6/6/2005), 3:00 pm est, noon pst

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: SHIB design call -- (6/6/2005), 3:00 pm est, noon pst
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 14:43:52 -0400

additional agenda items....

4) What do other Fed's have to worry about with the transition to v1.3
-- change in metadata format
-- change in thinking about attribute references...

<SAML2PersistentID id="urn:oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.5923.1.1.1.10" sourceName="guid">

-- other items?

5) Status -- windows installer --

I've put up a beta 1 of the installer here:

<http://web.mit.edu/atticus/www/shib/>

I'm still working on the custom action vbscripts for the text replacement,
upgrade of old non-msi installers, and isapi filter install. They aren't
included in this version, but will be finished later this week. I'll send a
note tomorrow with my questions about desired behavior and a more detailed
update. The MSI installs the files from the 1.3b3 install, installs the shibd
daemon (although I have some questions about how to properly handle prior
versions), creates shortcuts and env variables, etc. Let me know if there are
dialogs that you'd like, or if any of these are extraneous. Also, I framed up
the installer from a Wise installer and there are still some msi records that
refer to WiseThis and WiseThat. There's no proprietary code in the installer,
and I'll finish the job of removing those references this week.