shibboleth-dev - Re: dist.idp.xml

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: dist.idp.xml

  • From: Walter Hoehn <>
  • To: Scott Cantor <>
  • Cc: "'Tom Scavo'" <>, "'Shibboleth Development'" <>
  • Subject: Re: dist.idp.xml
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 17:05:38 -0500

On May 31, 2005, at 4:15 PM, Scott Cantor wrote:

What if I wanted to use a custom deployment descriptor? Short of
modifying the build file, is there a way to incorporate that into the
install process?

I enabled container security by modifying build.xml, yes. I suspect it will
be addressed better later.

I'd think it would be easier to just copy over the webConfig/idp.xml and then run the install target for now. Down the road, it's very possible we could add other options to the install process that could select from among a couple of deployment descriptors. We won't ever be able to cover all options here, though.

-Walter