shibboleth-dev - RE: comments: draft-mace-shibboleth-arch-protocols-07

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: comments: draft-mace-shibboleth-arch-protocols-07

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Tom Scavo'" <>, "'Shibboleth Development'" <>
  • Subject: RE: comments: draft-mace-shibboleth-arch-protocols-07
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:36:33 -0500

> - [line 7] Can we use the newly assigned permanent locations here?
> http://shibboleth.internet2.edu/docs/draft-mace-shibboleth-arc
> h-protocols-latest.pdf
> http://shibboleth.internet2.edu/docs/draft-mace-shibboleth-arc
> h-protocols-latest.sxw

I don't think so, once it's no longer draft, that's broken. I prefer not to
link to specific documents but to the site.

> - [lines 1--2, footnote] The formatting went from bad to worse in this
> version of the footnote. Right align the data and page.

OO won't let me, sorry. Nothing I can do about it except push it more to the
left.

> - [line 202] The nonbreaking space at the end of this line
> did not take hold.

Probably same as above.

> - [line 309] Of the three words "Generally", "Typically", and
> "Possibly", the latter is least desirable. Of course the reason we're
> having trouble with this is because we want the target parameter to be
> gone. Unfortunately, it's not. Today it is a location, in your
> examples it is a location, and until Shib 2.0 is released it will
> probably remain a location. So you might as well just say it's a
> location (even though you wish it was not a location :).

1.3 may well make it a non-location, if not a fixed value entirely. I think
"possibly" is the best of the three for this situation. If I don't think it
will be a location for much longer, the other two are just incorrect.