shibboleth-dev - Re: ARP regexp?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: ARP regexp?

  • From: "Oleksandr Otenko" <>
  • To: Valery Tschopp <>
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: Re: ARP regexp?
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 10:58:38 +0000

Can you try to see if the user specifies "*" target, will the allow for "*.switch.ch" take precedence. E.g. user specifies:
user.B.ARP: (mixed allow and deny)
rule: not *.switch.ch
allow: givenname
allow: surname
deny: email
deny: phone

And there is a ARP:
rule: *.switch.ch (attributes released only inside *.switch.ch)
allow: givenname
allow: surname
allow: email
allow: phone
allow: studyBranch1
allow: studyBranch2
allow: studyBranch3
allow: studyLevel

Will a "more specific" target domain rule (specific domain name, not "any") override less specific rule?

Sassa

Valery Tschopp wrote:

Hi,

We have a problem with the ARP regexp matching function.

The arp.site.xml define a default set of anonymous attributes ever released (AnyTarget) and an extended set of attributes released only inside our domain (privacy problem). User

User's ARP are based on a template. And each user can choose (allow or deny) if he agree to release outside our domain.

How could we define the Resource matchFunction in the user ARP to define the rule 'target is not *.switch.ch' ?
There is no 'not-this-string' in regexp !?!

Or any other idea how to implement this case?

What we would like is something so:

site.ARP:
rule: any target (only anonymous attributes)
allow: uniqueID
allow: homeOrganization
allow: homeOrganizationType
allow: affiliation

rule: *.switch.ch (attributes released only inside *.switch.ch)
allow: givenname
allow: surname
allow: email
allow: phone
allow: studyBranch1
allow: studyBranch2
allow: studyBranch3
allow: studyLevel

user.template.ARP: (attributes released outside *.switch.ch)
rule: not *.switch.ch
allow: givenname
allow: surname
allow: email
allow: phone

Based on the template, users can choose to allow or deny attribute release outside the switch.ch domain. Like so:

user.A.ARP: (all allowed)
rule: not *.switch.ch
allow: givenname
allow: surname
allow: email
allow: phone

user.B.ARP: (mixed allow and deny)
rule: not *.switch.ch
allow: givenname
allow: surname
deny: email
deny: phone

user.C.ARP: (all denied)
rule: not *.switch.ch
deny: givenname
deny: surname
deny: email
deny: phone

-> user A attributes released outside switch.ch:
{ uniqueID,
homeOrganization,
homeOrganizationType,
affiliation,
givenname,
surname,
email,
phone }

-> user B attributes released outside switch.ch:
{ uniqueID,
homeOrganization,
homeOrganizationType,
affiliation,
givenname,
surname }

-> user C attributes released outside switch.ch:
{ uniqueID,
homeOrganization,
homeOrganizationType,
affiliation }

There is certainly another way to implement the same, but up to now I didn't find it.

Any idea are welcome ^_^

Thanks in advance,
Valery

  • ARP regexp?, Valery Tschopp, 02/22/2005
    • Re: ARP regexp?, Oleksandr Otenko, 02/23/2005