shibboleth-dev - RE: shib-dev call on monday?

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: shib-dev call on monday?

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: shib-dev call on monday?
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:55:57 -0500

> are people around, and would a call be useful?

I'll be in the office. All I have is reporting the status of various
redesign activities, which I can do in email.

> one topic I'd like to explore sooner rather than later is whether
> there's anything we should include in shib v1.3 to provide better
> support for portal-relaed requirements

Umm, not? Other than maybe addressing how to do attribute filtering without
corrupting the signatures of assertions, probably by duplicating them and
using one set for header export and the other set for assertion export. I'm
redesigning the cache to deal in a response instead of assertions, which
lets us collect the assertions into one bundle, even if we get them from,
say, WS-Federation. So I can just clone the object and cache both copies.

Until I see real, actual requirements based on real SAML profiles and/or
things that aren't fundamentally borderline impossible (the per-channel
stuff comes to mind)...