shibboleth-dev - RE: question about ShibPOSTProfile.accept

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: question about ShibPOSTProfile.accept

  • From: "Howard Gilbert" <>
  • To: "'Walter Hoehn'" <>, "'Scott Cantor'" <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: RE: question about ShibPOSTProfile.accept
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 22:25:50 -0500

> Totally agree. Howard, would you prefer to merge your stuff in here or
> just delete this method?

Currently the Origin version of this code only uses the prepare method, and
the SP version only uses the accept method. Clearly there should not be two
classes with two methods in different packages. It remains to be seen,
however, whether to create one merged class by merging the two versions of
the accept() method or to create two classes with one method each. There is
really no reason for the IdP and SP functions to be in the same class just
because they deal with two ends of the same process.

I will put this on the list of things to clean up, and personally I vote for
deleting one method in one class, the other method in the other class.