shibboleth-dev - RE: question about ShibPOSTProfile.accept

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: question about ShibPOSTProfile.accept

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Walter Hoehn'" <>
  • Cc: <>
  • Subject: RE: question about ShibPOSTProfile.accept
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 17:12:14 -0500

> , StringBuffer). This method is a remnant of a very old
> proof-of-concept SP implementation and is no longer used by anything.
> The IdP only uses the "prepare" end of the POST profile class. I
> believe that the currently-under-development Java SP implementation
> uses a completely separate class for this functionality.

Seems like we should probably either *use* that class, suitably fixed, in
the Java SP, or redo the APIs. It's confusing to have dead code lying
around.

I know all those classes need to be redone, but I figured we'd do that as
part of merging in the SP code. They need to change anyway to better emulate
the pluggable metadata/trust stuff, unless there's a reason why that should
be different than the C++, but I don't see why.