shibboleth-dev - RE: DOMParser

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: DOMParser

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Howard Gilbert'" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: DOMParser
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:45:54 -0500

> So here is the question. If I proceed forward, finish the
> edit, and run some successful tests, will the consensus allow
> me to check in the changes so we can run some more tests. If
> there is an aesthetic objection to flip over to JAXP, then it
> makes no sense to continue what has become a non-trivial effort.

Walter can speak for himself, but my recollection is that my early attempts
to switch to the DOM3 factory API basically didn't work, probably something
to do with one of the features I had to set/enable not being supported.

I wasn't aware DOM3 had been added to 1.5, but anyway, I don't have any
objection to it.

Schema location-wise, I couldn't quite tell, but I'm a strict believer that
XML files don't specify schema locations to my code, and I decide what
schemas are physically behind a namespace or use a separate catalog/config
to determine it. I'm not sure if that's what you were concerned about or
arguing for.