shibboleth-dev - RE: Java Target Code Checkin Checklist

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Java Target Code Checkin Checklist

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: Java Target Code Checkin Checklist
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 16:59:44 -0400

> Not at this time. I will check in something that works and does no harm.
> It may take some trial and error before I am ready to propose a
> theme. Broadly speaking there should be a distribution target and a test
> target. The distribution target will generate production stuff, and the
> test target will generate debug stuff.

Seems like we could roll this into a broader discussion about how to better
support deployers by enabling them to maintain their configuration, plugins,
and webApplication/ file additions/changes in a separate tree and then use
ant to build the package for deployment.

I hacked this by copying the ant script and making changes, but I think
there's some interest in merging some of that back in. But I'm mostly a
novice doing any of it, I just needed something that worked but left the
source tree unmolested (or at least let me reproduce my additions).