shibboleth-dev - RE: testing a localhost shib install......

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: testing a localhost shib install......

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: RE: testing a localhost shib install......
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 14:01:04 -0400

> the shib install first tries to connect to localhost...

It should only be trying to connect to localhost. If it's trying something
else, you've changed too much.

The only references to localhost you should be changing is the stuff in the
RequestMap (not even required except for IIS) and in Apache. Otherwise
you're sliding into a normal deployment, and you'll need to reissue the
certificates.

> I'm wondering if the shib target, for some reason, is using the wrong
> trust file......?

You shouldn't need to touch it. By default it will use the self-signed key
as the CA with a depth of zero and it just works.

> Down below, I've pasted in my current shar.logger file... the shar
> isn't dumping the received assertion, so I can't see the audience
> field.... I haven't changed anything from the distributed origin
> config file, tho

INFO doesn't dump the XML, only DEBUG does.