shibboleth-dev - Re: First draft of new protocol spec

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: First draft of new protocol spec

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Scott Cantor <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: First draft of new protocol spec
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:12:59 -0500

I finally read the Identity Provider Discovery Profile and have a couple of naive implementation questions. Does the profile imply that one browser instance can contain at most one cookie at one time? Can an identity provider be logically a party to more than one identity federation? If so, does that imply that the _saml_idp cookie cannot be the unmediated immediate product of a federation-based identity discovery infrastructure, because of the possibility that an identity provider may belong to multiple federations?

Curious Tom

Scott Cantor wrote:

Sorry for the e-mails, here's a PDF, I thought OpenOffice was more
ubiquitous than it is among the usual crew...