shibboleth-dev - RE: Shib Filter Error: unknown exception (v1.2)

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Shib Filter Error: unknown exception (v1.2)

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: RE: Shib Filter Error: unknown exception (v1.2)
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 09:02:46 -0400

FAQ material?

> Ok I'm setting up a new box with a new install of w2k with IIS 5. I
installed Shib 1.2 and near the end of the install when it asks to
install the shar as a service, it pops up and error that it can't find
msvcp60.dll in the specified path (and it lists all the paths). Any
time I try to manually run shar.exe, I get that error. Any idea how I
can get that file and why its not there? :-) Thanks,

It's part of the Microsoft runtime library, something I had deep concerns
about including so as not to break people's apps, and not every Windows
version has the DLL isolation stuff.

It's hard to find any new box without it, but I guess w2k with nothing
installed might not. I'll post it with the other binaries, but you can copy
a version from a box that has it.

-- Scott

  • RE: Shib Filter Error: unknown exception (v1.2), Steven_Carmody, 05/27/2004