shibboleth-dev - Re: shib 1.2 origin, log file rollover....

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: shib 1.2 origin, log file rollover....

  • From: Walter Hoehn <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: shib 1.2 origin, log file rollover....
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 18:40:57 -0400

I'd rather not take this message out, because it is useful to see whether the maintenance threads are actually running when troubleshooting problems. One solution is to to promote many of the current DEBUG messages to INFO, which we aren't using that much right now. That way we could better separate the true low level stuff from the things a user might want to see during installation/setup.

-Walter

On May 3, 2004, at 2:32 PM,

wrote:

incidentally, most of my file consists of these lines:

Memory cache handle cache cleanup thread searching for stale entries.
Checking for updates to resource (file:/opt/

so yes, I know, these are DEBUG level messages.....

but is there something horrible we might be able to do, to allow sites to config a directive to suppress these messages.....?