shibboleth-dev - Re: A Case for Shibboleth and PKI

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: A Case for Shibboleth and PKI

  • From: "Diego R. Lopez" <>
  • To: "David L. Wasley" <>
  • Cc: Shibboleth Developers <>, "David H. Walker" <>
  • Subject: Re: A Case for Shibboleth and PKI
  • Date: 02 May 2004 23:44:32 +0200

> I'd love to know if the proposal makes sense or ... ;-)
>
> Also, would someone with 802.1x knowledge expand upon whether there
> is a relevant layer 2 issue to be considered? I'm sure I don't have
> that right.

This is the sort of things we have been discussing for the future
issues of our JRA5 in GEANT2 (for those of you not in the MACE, the
JRA5 is one of the activities of the coming generation of the European
academica network, dedicated to user ubiquity and AA aspects).

We have been making some experiments in allowing interoperability among
the different ways campuses may deal with "roaming alien" users
(look http://www.terena.nl/tech/task-forces/tf-mobility/DelAndDoc.html,
specially to Deliverable G. More on experiments on compatibility is
on its way to be publicly released). The idea of the pre-loaded tokens
has been around for a long time, although the idea of making them
shareable is new to me and really appealing.

In summary, I'm glad to see we are facing the same kind of applications
and coming to similar proposals: more opportunities for collaboration
and more possibilities of reaching elegant and brilliant solutions.

Be goode,

Dr Diego R. Lopez

Red.es - RedIRIS
The Spanish NREN

e-mail:

jid:

Tel: +34 955 056 621
Mobile: +34 669 898 094

  • Re: A Case for Shibboleth and PKI, Diego R. Lopez, 05/02/2004