shibboleth-dev - RE: Comments on Shib 1.1 installation

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Comments on Shib 1.1 installation

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Olivier Salaun - CRU' <>,
  • Subject: RE: Comments on Shib 1.1 installation
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:29:07 -0500

> 1. (target) The path to shibboleth.ini is hardcoded in
> siterefresh.cpp (#define DEFAULT_SCHEMA_DIR
> "/opt/shibboleth/etc/shibboleth/") whereas it should be
> customizeable with configure

I'll look at plugging the path in, but that's not what the path is. It's not
for the ini file, it's just for the schema folder, and it's already a
command line option to set this. I just wanted to insure there was a
default.

> 2. (origin) When user is redirected from the SHIRE to the
> WAYF, the Target's URL is altered (port number is lost).

Under what conditions? I've tested with other ports and it's worked. It may
remove a default port, but that would be it.

> 5. (target) If the SHAR died suddenly, the
> /tmp/shar-socket prevent another SHAR instance to be started

Start it with -f (believe this is documented).

> 6. I think the documentation is missing a chapter
> dedicated to X509 certificates...

Or a book? I would definitely not want our docs to include this, which
doesn't mean we won't have some other supporting material.

> 7. (WAYF) 8bit characters are not accepted in
> wayfconfig.xml ("Error reading WAYF configuration file."
> message). This makes the custumizeable strings a bit less
> translateable.

Is the wayconfig XML encoding set to UTF-8 or something else?

> I'd really need a patch for (2)...

Please file a bug in bugzilla along with some supporting example
configuration.