shibboleth-dev - RE: archives; recap of "endorsed" libs

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: archives; recap of "endorsed" libs

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'Christopher A Bongaarts' <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: archives; recap of "endorsed" libs
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:55:08 -0500

Just to keep everyone else not on IRC in the loop, I've basically concluded
that they've been updating xmlsec all this time without actually formally
releasing an update.

One of their CVS branches includes a work-around to make it possible to use
the JDK's broken Xalan build, which ought to stop these random exceptions,
so I'm testing a more current build. So far it seems fine.

I don't think pragmatically we'll update our 1.1 branch, but dropping the
updated jars into an origin warfile should fix it if this is the problem.
I'll send a note once I've load tested an origin running the new libraries.