shibboleth-dev - RE: SHIB design call, monday (11/124), 3:00 pm edt, noon pdt

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: SHIB design call, monday (11/124), 3:00 pm edt, noon pdt

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: RE: SHIB design call, monday (11/124), 3:00 pm edt, noon pdt
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 14:57:50 -0500

> 1) Current programming issues/questions
>
> - I've asked Derek to describe his plans for vhost support
> on the target

On a related/overlapping topic, here's a quick draft of something based on
what Walter is sketching out for the origin side, translated to the target.

http://usfs2.us.ohio-state.edu/CIC/Shibboleth/targetconfig.xml

The idea would be to have s separate mapping document/config that the target
runtime uses to translate request URL into applicationId, and then run the
config data off of that value using this.

We would move any non-public configuration (session lifetimes, SSL policy,
AAP, etc) into this, with the public configuration details (such as the
SHIRE URL if it's statically provisioned) put in target metadata, which
would be based on the SAML TC's work.